Dr. Jon Pearson
Current Position:Magnetics Engineer at Splashpower Ltd
Date of Birth: 25th February 1972
- PhD in Physics, 1999: Theoretical and experimental magnetism from Bath University (won "Outstanding Research" Award).
- BSc in Astrophysics, 1994: Upper second class from Leeds University
- BioRobotics Ltd 2001 - 2003
- Hands-on management of three projects developing microfluidic dispensing for the manufacture of microarrays.
- Prototype-to-product using microfabrication techniques such as KOH and plasma etching, laser machining, electroplating, micromoulding, rapid prototyping, injection moulding, LIGA, hot/cold embossing, EDM and conventional CNC. Basic 3D CAD modelling.
- Built video microscopy system and used high-speed imaging for the evaluation of inkjet devices.
- Modelling systems using MathCAD, MatLab, Ansys, Excel, VBA, and VB 6.
- Intellectual property manager for BioRobotics.
- Lead inventor on 5 patents and named on 1 other.
- Cambridge University 1999-2001
- Successful TCS programme with Cambridge University Engineering Department and BioRobotics Ltd working on new product development in micro-fluidics. Concept-to-customer in 3 months at 15% of the cost of the main competitor. Over £2million sold so far.
- Bath University Post-doctoral 1998-1999
- 3 month position working for DERA and Bath University continuing PhD work. (Bridged gap between PHD and TCS)
- Bath University CASE Award PHD 1995-1998
- Industrially sponsored Physics PhD with quarterly reports to DERA.
- Designed and built three computer controlled experimental rigs for measuring the properties of magnetic materials under dynamic loading using a novel non-invasive measurement method.
- Wrote data acquisition software and VB data-mining macros.
- Designed and wrote software for modelling hysteresis in magnetic materials under the effects of complex field and stress histories, which predicted an effect previously unseen experimentally.
- Project management: Currently managing short, medium and long term projects plus a 2 year TCS program, 3 month postdoctoral and a 3 year PhD. Familiar with Microsoft Project and formal product development methods.
- People management: Managing 2 colleagues. Previously industrial supervisor on multiple Cambridge University M.Eng. student projects for BioRobotics Ltd.
- Presentation skills: Technology demonstration to senior management board, given papers at international conferences e.g. SPIE, Intermag and M.M.M., given short course at work and many internal presentations.
- Personnel skills: Constantly working with people from different backgrounds and fields such as microbiology, engineering, physics, sales, marketing and production
- 2003: Currently teaching Ansys 7.0 multi-physics and learning Pro Engineer.
- 2003: Co-founder and designer of www.whatprice.co.uk an up and coming consumer watchdog website.
- 2002-present: Learning Karate - currently green belt (7th Kyu).
- 2001: Learnt to ski.
- 2000: Gained Member status of the Institute of Physics and became a Chartered Physicist.
- 1999: Deryck Chesterman medal for outstanding research in physics.
- 1997-98: Captain of the physics 5-a-side football team.
- 1993: Charity hitchhike to Paris for Leeds Rag week.
- 1986-1990: Represented Lincolnshire at pool and won over 30 trophies.
- 1984-1988: In school football, rugby, hockey and athletics teams.
Available upon request
See also BowenHealing
CV of Jon Pearson
If you found this page useful please click the +1 button below to tell Google that its a great page!
Please share this page with others, and leave a comment, we value all feedback!
Was this page useful? Do you have something to add? Do you disagree?
If your comments meet our guidelines then we will publish them (you do not need to register!)
Ttradesman - click here to join our network to receive leads from customers in your area