Keeping the Stress Level Low
The worst thing that could happen to any bride on her wedding day is to stress and have a nervous breakdown! A wedding is certainly one of the most significant events in any person's life. But it doesn't mean that one has to spend each and very waking hour worrying about it. Here are some tips on how to minimize the stress when planning your wedding.
Tips For A Stress Free Wedding
1. Get all the help you can get. If your budget allows, hire a wedding planner. There is no one that could help you best than someone who knows the ins and outs of planning a wedding. However, if you do not have the money to spare, seek help from family and friends. Make sure that you assign important tasks especially during the day of the wedding and that you assign them ahead of time.
2. Be organized. Write down all your TO DOs and assign each one a target completion date. Be realistic with the timelines. Allow some buffer when assigning your target date. Keep the list current. Mark the tasks that get completed and add new ones that come up. And avoid making major changes to your plan a couple of months before the wedding.
3. As much as possible avoid straying from your schedule. Allow yourself plenty of time to complete each of the tasks.
4. Prioritize! Do the most important things first - select a date and an alternate date, select a wedding planner, make the necessary ceremony and reception venue reservations. The earlier these things are completed the better.
5. Set a budget and stick to it. Resist the urge to overspend and avoid making unnecessary splurges.
Make Dealings With Vendors Stress Free
6. Select your vendors well. Get recommendations from family, friends and co-workers. Pick vendors that have been in the business for a good number of years and those with good track records.
7. Agree on the details and the terms with your vendors and put them in writing. Changes should be discussed and agreed to and reflected in the document.
8. Choose your battles wisely. And if possible, have your wedding planner fight your battles for you.
9. Take some time off from the preparation. Go on a night out with the girls, have a romantic dinner with your fiancee, go to the spa and the salon, do some shopping. In short, do something to help you relax and recharge.
10. Call each of the vendors a couple of days before the wedding to review with them the important details, the date, the time and the location. If you do not have a wedding planner, assign someone to be in-charge of coordinating with the vendors on the day of the wedding. Give him/her a copy of vendor's contact information to bring to the wedding.
11. Probably the most important advice we could give a bride - DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF! Learn to compromise. Sometimes things don't go the way you want to.
Johanna Docena is the owner of Docena Bridal, an online wedding store that sells _bridal jewelry, wedding attendant gifts and wedding accessories. Visit us at http://www.docenabridal.com.
If you found this page useful please click the +1 button below to tell Google that its a great page!
Please share this page with others, and leave a comment, we value all feedback!
Was this page useful? Do you have something to add? Do you disagree?
If your comments meet our guidelines then we will publish them (you do not need to register!)
Ttradesman - click here to join our network to receive leads from customers in your area