Conservatory Building Regulations?
Do I need to follow building regulations when I build my conservatory? Basically, the answer is no (Disclaimer) as long as you meet the following requirements:
- The conservatory has an area of less than 30 square metres.
- If you have a radiator in the conservatory then it must have a thermostatically control.
- The conservatory can be closed off from the main house by a door or other barrier.
- The conservatory walls should be more than 75% glazed.
- Any glazing in the conservatory must satisfy Approved Document N, that is break safely (either be toughened or laminated) or if it is ordinary glass it must be thick enough.
- The conservatory must have a transparent or translucent roof.
- The conservatory is situated at ground level.
Again if there are any doubts then please contact your local planning officer who will be glad to assist.
If you found this page useful please click the +1 button below to tell Google that its a great page!
Please share this page with others, and leave a comment, we value all feedback!
Was this page useful? Do you have something to add? Do you disagree?
If your comments meet our guidelines then we will publish them (you do not need to register!)
Ttradesman - click here to join our network to receive leads from customers in your area