Free estimates of roofing costs
Use our unique quotation service to get up to 5 free quotes from local roofing contractors
Clay and concrete roof tiles usually have lifespan of between 25 and 40 years. Eventually weathering and slight movements in the roof structure will cause a deterioration in the appearance and performance of the tiles and they will need replacing.
The data for this calculator is based upon input from a quantity surveyor on real roofing jobs. Please note that it may be necessary to estimate the lengths of some of the roof dimensions rather rather physically measure them due to access difficulty - please stay safe!
The following terms have been used:
- eaves - the horizontal row of tiles usually at the front and back of the house adjacent to the rainwater gutter
- verge - the sloping edge of the roof from the ridge to the eaves
- ridge - the horizontal tiles at the top of the roof
- hip - the sloping tiles from the ridge to the corner of the roof.
About the Roof Coverings Calculator
The costs calculated are based on the following:
- the work is carried out by an experienced contractor
- VAT is not included
- access is good
- the existing roof coverings are stripped off and removed
- the cost of the tiles or slates include underfelt and softwood battens.
It should be remembered that the roofing costs displayed are indicative only and quotations should be obtained from reputable roofers - Disclaimer.