Cosmetic Dentistry - Restore Your Smile and Confidence
When you look at celebrities, the first thing that you will probably notice is their wonderful smile. While this is a cause for envy, many of you might be surprised to know that not all of these people are born with their million dollar smiles. It is a boon that cosmetic dentistry has evolved to such an extent that many people are being benefited and getting cosmetic enhancement to their smiles.
So, what is cosmetic dentistry and how will it help you improve your smile? Cosmetic dentistry is that form of dentistry that aims at providing visual enhancement to the appearance of your teeth, be it in the form of improving the color, appearance, correction of tooth defects or gum defects, etc.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry for One and All?
Cosmetic dentistry provides solutions to a variety of tooth problems and gum problems that affect the smile. Although some people have reasonable good front teeth, cosmetic dentistry might still provide visual enhancement to their smile.
So, cosmetic dentistry is not just restricted to people having crooked teeth, discolored teeth or chipped teeth and such but anyone and everyone can benefit to some extent by going in for options available.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
There are many benefits that one can get by going in for the various options that are available to them through cosmetic dentistry. Let us study some of these benefits.
- The biggest benefit that cosmetic dentistry provides is the improvement to your smile. Your smile is a huge factor when it comes to providing a great look and cosmetic improvements to your smile will do many wonders.
- Corrections through cosmetic dentistry will not only provide enhancement to your smile, it will also help improve the functionality to a certain extent. Some corrective procedures like bite lifts, fillings, implants, bridges, etc will not only improve functionality, it will also improve the longevity of your teeth.
- Visual enhancement to the smile will help in improving the confidence levels of the person. Many people are conscious if they are suffering from tooth or teeth problems that affect their smile. Correction of these problems will help them feel more confident and make them more comfortable when they are talking to anyone.
- Many of the corrections that can be done through this form of dentistry are very immediate so that you will be able to enjoy the outcome of the procedure right after its completion. Also, many of the procedures undertaken will provide permanent results although some procedures might have to be repeated over a period of time.
Additional Knowledge about Cosmetic Dentistry
Although the cosmetic procedures are quite expensive, the benefits that one gets from these procedures far outweigh the costs involved in getting the procedure done.
Many of the procedures included as cosmetic procedures are not covered under insurance. However, of late some of the procedures are enjoying the coverage of insurance thus reducing the financial strain on patients undergoing these treatment options.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment Options
There is a wide range of treatment options that can be included under the term "Cosmetic Dentistry". Let us now see some of the procedures that are included.
- Teeth Whitening: This is one of the most sought out options under cosmetic dentistry as most of the people are not satisfied with the shade and color of their teeth. This is undertaken by a procedure known as bleaching to achieve the desired results.
- Braces: This is another treatment option that is widely sought out. As many of you will be already aware, braces are used to correct the alignment of crooked teeth.
- Tooth Colored Restorations: A huge cause for concern is chipped teeth and tooth structure lost due to dental decay. These can be corrected using tooth colored fillings that not only restore the lost tooth structure but also provides improved visual appearance.
- Tooth Contouring: Many people suffer from misshapen teeth and abnormal size of their front teeth. These can be altered by reshaping and contouring that help improve the visual appearance of the teeth and the smile.
- Gum Contouring: Many people also have gum problems that affect their smile. These can be corrected by contouring the gums thus improving cosmetic appearance and health of the support structures of the teeth.
- Dental Bridges: Lost or Missing teeth can be restored by the construction of dental bridges made out of porcelain fused with metal or just porcelain.
- Dental Crowns: Grossly destroyed teeth can be restored to function and visual appearance by the construction of dental crowns made out of porcelain.
- Dental Implants: This is a more recent and more advanced method of replacing a lost tooth or few missing teeth where in an implant is placed in the jaw bone and forms as the anchor to support the replacement.
- Veneers: These are used to correct many tooth defects and deformities and help improve the visual appearance of the teeth and the smile. Veneers are made out of many different materials but the most common and highly esthetic material is porcelain.
As we have now seen, cosmetic dentistry has many treatment options included under it and is helping many a person seeking to improve his smile and confidence many ways of achieving their goals and objectives.
If you found this page useful please click the +1 button below to tell Google that its a great page!
Please share this page with others, and leave a comment, we value all feedback!
Was this page useful? Do you have something to add? Do you disagree?
If your comments meet our guidelines then we will publish them (you do not need to register!)
Ttradesman - click here to join our network to receive leads from customers in your area
"Before, I got a jagged and yellow teeth. I chose to solve it by way of laser teeth whitening and dental shaping to improve my looks plus my confidence. It do help me a lot especially in finding a career. I am very thankful that there are actually many pain-free and fast dental treatments that can really assist change people lifestyles. I got to take pleasure from a fantastic dating life, interacting with fabulous people. Great blog post, very informative and advantageous. Really hope you continue to write one. "
cosmetic dentistry richmond