Toothache on Holiday - Prevent this Nightmare
Toothache is a dreadful pain and is very difficult to bear. The pain is classified to be one of the most excruciating and unbearable pain and is somewhere close to the pain that a woman undergoes during labor and childbirth. Although this is a pain that is difficult to bear under any circumstance, imagine having to undergo toothache while abroad.
Being in an alien place and not having access to proper dental care makes toothache abroad a scary experience. Therefore, if you have any plans of traveling abroad, it is best to take corrective steps to prevent experiencing pain in your teeth.
So, what exactly should you do to prevent a scenario of getting toothache abroad?
Like you make various plans prior to traveling to your destination, it is also best that you make plans to prevent toothache abroad. To do this, it is best you visit and consult your dentist well before hand so that any potential tooth problems are treated and will not cause you any trouble while you are traveling.
Do not leave the consultation for last minute as many teeth problems will need multiple visits to the dentist for correction and cannot be done in a hurry. So, it is essential to make the visit well before hand so that all your tooth problems are corrected before you make the trip.
to Prevent Toothache when on Holiday
The best solution to preventing toothache abroad is to get all your teeth problems corrected by making the much needed visit to the dentist. Also, complete the checkup visits so that any corrections to your treatment procedure is handled before you travel.
- If for any reason you have not been able to complete your treatments prior to travel you can employ many preventive methods to avoid the situation of experiencing toothache abroad.
- Changes in barometric pressure while flying can not only cause pain in your ears but can also initiate a toothache. Chewing gum while on a flight helps reduce the buildup of pressure thus avoiding problems like ear pain and tooth pain.
- If you are visiting a cold place, it is best not to move around with your face uncovered as this can trigger off a toothache. Avoid extremes of temperature in whatever you eat or drink as these can be the initiator of toothache.
- If you have a persistent sinus problem, this can also trigger off a toothache abroad. In such a case, you should carry the necessary antibiotics and take them to keep your sinus problems under control.
- Also, follow proper hygiene methods that include brushing and rinsing after every meal so that food that is getting stuck in your teeth does not trigger off a toothache.
Tips to Control Toothache Abroad
Despite all your efforts to prevent a toothache abroad, if you still happen to experience one you can follow some simple methods to help control it and keep it at bay until you can seek help.
- Do not forget to carry with your routine medication some over the counter pain killer medication to help reduce the symptoms of pain if you happen to experience a toothache abroad. Some numbing gels like that of benzocaine is also availa
- Some even feel relief by placing a small cotton pellet dipped in the oil of cloves to the affected tooth. Even this relief measure will be very short lived but it can help alleviate the pain to a certain extent.
- You can even try using a rinsing and gargling procedure with warm salt water. This will especially be of help if you are experiencing pain due to a gum related problem rather than a tooth related problem. But, it will help in a tooth related problem if you are experiencing pain due to an abscessed tooth.
- Carry number of your dentist to contact in case of an emergency like severe toothache abroad. Also, carry some number of reliable people (in the place you are traveling to) that you can contact in case of an emergency of this nature.
- If you still have no relief from your toothache, it is best to contact your dentist who can recommend emergency relief measures. If this is not possible, check with someone reliable whom you can contact to help relieve your problem although you doubly ensure that it is safe to seek help from this person.
If you have good relief from the tips advised to control toothache abroad, it is best to wait out till you get back home and seek immediate help and get appropriate treatment for your tooth problems.
If you found this page useful please click the +1 button below to tell Google that its a great page!
Please share this page with others, and leave a comment, we value all feedback!
Was this page useful? Do you have something to add? Do you disagree?
If your comments meet our guidelines then we will publish them (you do not need to register!)
Ttradesman - click here to join our network to receive leads from customers in your area