Examples of A Good CV
The CV below is an example of a Hybrid CV
SUSAN HELEN SMITH
105 HAXEL ROAD
tel: 0207 657 8333 mob: 07979 629121
A motivated and creative individual with 4 years buying experience in the multiple retail sector seeks to broaden her career, drawing on her excellent communication and organisational skills, plus her ability to work independently as well as cooperatively.
Areas of expertise include;
· Sourcing from wide supplier base (UK, Europe and Far East). 3 years experience of sourcing FOB (5 sourcing trips to Hong Kong and Taiwan)
· Excellent people skills and ability to adapt tone and manner depending on audience
· Versatility and quick responsiveness in new buying areas and markets
· Forecasting and budgeting sales and profit - for long term budgets and for more immediate plans
· Understanding and analysing sales data on a constant basis so that ranging decisions can be made to the benefit of the category
· Buying to each season (Spring Summer/ Autumn Winter) and ensuring successful launch and exit of each season
· Working cross functionally across different divisions (supply chain, trend and design, marketing) to ensure successful launches of product ranges and promotions
· Strong presentation skills with ability and experience in presenting to the most senior of management (CEO and board directors)
Senior Buyer, Kitchenware March 2003 - Present
Trolley's Supermarkets Ltd, London
· Responsible for purchasing all ktichenware (700skus) for over 400 stores with an annual Turnover in excess of £32 million
· Managing a fragmented supplier base through efficient organisation. Have an excellent working relationship with all suppliers by using a calm and friendly but authoritative manner
· Have moved a large proportion of the kitchenware business from using a UK agent to direct sourcing and developing close relationships with 3 key Chinese vendors. This has not only improved our % margin by 12 ppts but has also lead to better quality products and more control over the final product. Because of this I have been able to provide products which are better value for money to our customers.
· Played an integral part recent major launch into the general merchandise category by step changing approach to kitchenware The increase and focus on interesting and exclusive skus has led to a 47% like for like increase in sales.
· Negotiated licensing deal for an exclusive range of kitchenware which has recently launched, beating sales forecasts by 32% and meaning that 2 repeat orders have had to be made already. The total range is on track to turnover £2million in just 10 weeks..
· Launched tablecloths under my own initiative leading to an incremental £350,000 sales over a 10 week period.
· Ensuring that all products receive appropriate promotional support (In store/ external advertising, PR). Several products have received
coverage in leading publications such as Marie Claire, and Just Seventeen
· Responsible for the development of junior buyer and assistant buyer, monitoring their development and conducting bi annual reviews of their performance
· Have implemented a comprehensive pricing structure for the category so that products are clearly tiered into good, better and best and so that every demand is served
Buyer, Detergents April 2002 - March 2003
· Planned a strong programme of key promotions and killer deals for the Spring Clean season
· Cut supplier base from 85 to 34 live suppliers to improve buying efficiency and also enable better supplier management
· Negotiated no returns discounts with top ten suppliers worth an incremental £150,000 profit
· Buying trips to Hong Kong, Poland, Germany
· Worked with key global brands such as Unilever, P+G
Buyer, Confectionary May 2001- April 2002
· Negotiating with key branded suppliers such as Pedigree Master Foods, Nestle and Procter and Gamble
· Arranged Corporate information day for top twenty suppliers which involved a joint brain storming session leading on to a regular strategy group for the top 5 suppliers
· promotional strategies to the benefit of Sainsburys and the Blue Cross
· Working direct mailing magazine to target customers and raise profile of new products
Graduate Buyer, Bread Rolls October 2000 - May 2001
Extensive training programme provided by company has included:-, Sainsbury's Certificate of Trading - 6 months training course, Advanced Negotiation Skills (PMMS), Negotiation Skills (Scotwork), Impact and Influence, Commercial Awareness , Cultural Awareness and various courses covering different aspects of business in an FMCG environment.
The University of Brighton Bachelor of Science with French (2.1) September 1996 -June 2000
IECS (European Business School), Strasbourg, France. Erasmus Certificate, September 1998 -June 1999
The Shelter School, Wiltshire
September 1989 -June 1996
A Levels History Grade A
French Grade A
Geography Grade A
9 GCSES , 5 As and 4 A*s including Maths (A*), English (A*) and Science (AA)
Photography - recently passed City and Guilds Photography course Level 2 at Morley College with a distinction grade
Languages - French, Spanish
If you found this page useful please click the +1 button below to tell Google that its a great page!
Please share this page with others, and leave a comment, we value all feedback!
Was this page useful? Do you have something to add? Do you disagree?
If your comments meet our guidelines then we will publish them (you do not need to register!)
Ttradesman - click here to join our network to receive leads from customers in your area