Examples of A Good CV
The CV below is an example of a Skill Based CV, use it as a template for your own CV is you wish.
SUSAN HELEN SMITH
105 HAXEL ROAD
tel: 0207 657 8333
mob: 07979 629121
A motivated and professional individual seeks a career which is both challenging and stimulating. My ability to learn quickly and my broad commercial experience means that I hope to adapt to these new challenges very quickly.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
The University of Bath
Bachelor of Arts: French Degree
September 1996 - June 2000
Ecole de Commerce, Strasbourg, France
Sept 1998 - June 1999
Sheldon School, Wiltshire
Sept 1994 - June 1996
Sheldon School, Wiltshire
9 including Maths, English and Science
5 x A
4 x A*
Sept 1989 - June 1994
Trolley's Supermarkets Ltd, London
Senior Buyer Kitchen Ware
June 2003 - Dec 2004
July 2002 - June 2003
Buyer Bought in Bread rolls and morning goods
Aug 2001 - July 2002
Graduate Trainee Buyer
Oct 2000 - August 2001
KEY SKILLS- Supplier Management, Negotiation, Cross Functional Working, Financial Analysis, Creating Strategy Documents, Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Local Primary School
March 2005 - present
KEY SKILLS - Research of funding opportunities, compilation of database, liaison with fund providers.
Jan 2005 - March 2005 2 months traveling in Northern India
· Strong presentation skills, both orally and in writing. I make presentations regularly to senior management
· I have presented to board directors so am at ease in the most senior of company
· I can summarise data in to report format which must be clear and concise and contain the relevant data to suit the audience
· I have worked with people from all backgrounds, including multinational companies, customers and store colleagues. Through this I have learnt to adapt my register to suit different audiences
· Line management experience through managing category assistant and junior buyer
· Conducted regular performance reviews and have created mentoring programmes to help with development
Time and Project Management
· Managed 40 suppliers and 600 product lines which meant I had to be extremely organised and appreciate the importance of attention to detail
· Used to balancing more than one task simultaneously and balancing the needs of different people and varying agendas.
· I have created long term strategy plans and critical paths to ensure that key deadlines are met
· I have moved around buying areas frequently and can adapt to new markets and situations very quickly
Research and Analysis
· I enjoy working with information from various sources and can assimilate, analyse and communicate data in a number of formats.
· I can Build complex spreadsheets and databases to compile information and then present information in a sumarised formats
· I have conducted my own market research by visiting stores, competitors and meeting with customers
Financial and Commercial Awareness
· I am skilled in constructing budgets and am able to enter into complex financial analysis.
· Most recent buying portfolio worth over 32 million p.a
· I have gained commercial understanding of a wide range of organisations and markets and have experience of working in a large complex organisation.
· I have worked with companies from around the world, particularly China, Japan and Europe.
· I had to work in a large cross functional team (supply chain, marketing, finance) to ensure successful product launches and am used to adapting to different team dynamics
· I am equally happy working in a team as to on my own. I have worked individually creating budgets, establishing strategy and analysing data.
· I have 4 years experience of negotiating with a wide range of suppliers
· I understand how to use levers to win a negotiation and also understand the need for a win/win outcome to ensure future success
· Skilled in Microsoft Office
· Fluent in French, proficient in Spanish and German
Extensive training programme provided by Trolleys; including: Trolleys Certificate of Trading, Advanced Negotiation Skills, Impact and Influence, Cultural Awareness, Financial Awareness.
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
Photography - recently passed City and Guilds Photography Level 2 with distinction
Travel - Europe, India, Australia, China, New Zealand, Central America
Theatre, Reading, Film, Cookery
If you found this useful then take a look at some more advice on writing a CV
If you found this page useful please click the +1 button below to tell Google that its a great page!
Please share this page with others, and leave a comment, we value all feedback!
Was this page useful? Do you have something to add? Do you disagree?
If your comments meet our guidelines then we will publish them (you do not need to register!)
Ttradesman - click here to join our network to receive leads from customers in your area
"Woefully bad!! Why would anyone put their education before employment history?! The opening statement doesn't mention what she is, ie: a buyer! And there is way to much use of "I"!!!"
"Very helpful indeed! i used this as a template when re-doing my own CV to create a more broad-based priofile"
"Smart use of words and a CV tailored to employers Pick"
"very helpful "
"Absolutely perfect guide in preparing CV. There's no individual that will follow this format and will not be employed. This is a perfect for CV"
"it helped me so much..thnx"
"That was an amazing example of how a cv should be... Thanks that helped me so much... "
"its so useful thanks "
"Brillaint CV and have used to adapt my Stepdaughter's CV. Thanks very much!"
"Makes me feel a bit worse about the CV I am preparing, but just because this person seems utterly fantastic on paper."
"The most useful and compelling piece of advice on the issue of skill based CV writing!!"
"i like your cv, specially the skills that you have added in your cv. great"
"it's really good."
"nice...thank you. I would not use the term READING...I really hope you know how to read -). It would be more interesting to know what type of literature you like to read."
"its really good and workable"
"Thanks! Brilliant use of buzzwords. A real help"
"A very fantastic and helpful example. Thanks!"
"It was very concise and straight to the point. Well done."
"A very simple and professional example of a Typical CV. Thanks"