Installing a Bathroom
When new homes are being constructed, majority of the house owners fail to realize the significance of having a great bathroom. In other words nobody is taking extra care so as to make the bathroom a good one. The effort, they put in or the money that they spend on creating an aesthetic appeal in other parts of the residence namely the bedroom, the study room, the living room and even the kitchen, is not invested when it comes to installing a new bathroom. The house owners of this kind don't have any awareness about the importance; the buyers give to bathrooms when the former sell the residence to the latter. One should understand that bathrooms are also essential features if you look at a home in a broader perspective. So in this simple guide we shall look at the things that are necessary, when one thinks about installing a new bathroom.
As it has been stated earlier, the bathroom that has a good design and interior would indirectly help a house owner in getting appreciable returns, while he tries to sell the residence. If one wants to replace the existing bathroom with a bathroom of a contemporary style then he has to think about spending quite a lot of money. Hiring a perfect professional sometimes would make you spend more money than the amount, which you had estimated previously. But it is worth the money that you spend since the bathrooms add to the appeal and elegance of the home, all together.
Bathroom design plan
Getting an exquisite bathroom fitting, such as taps, hoses made by Italian makers and the tub and the toilet fixtures produced by leading manufacturers, is a good but a costly idea indeed. What people look at, as a cheap way to renovate a bathroom is, to repaint it. Majority of the house owners do it by them at a low cost .The cost gets even lower when the size of the bathroom is small. Matching the paint coating of the bathroom to its tiles and flooring is of course based on our personal style and preference. However in order to customize the bathroom according to their needs resourceful people look at having designer coating painted on the walls .In order to top it up some may even add the murals and the wall hangings so as to enrich the beauty. So let the horizons of your imagination broaden, which lets you get a wonderful and good-looking bathroom, which you would regard as the highlight of your dwelling.
One will have to consider the bathroom design idea, which has been dealt with, in the initial paragraphs of the guide. It is important to customize a bathroom as per the needs of the house owner and indeed there are lots of proficient workers who do that. So when a plan is being devised so as to install a new bathroom, all the preferences and plans of the house owner should not only be listed in the paper but also be implemented in reality. Now we shall have a look at the detailed procedure that might help even a house owner who is incognizant about significance of installing a new bathroom.
Steps involved in installing a new Bathroom:
- Try to get an expert advice previous to delegating the work to, a building contractor. One might have to think about the regulations and the code of conventions that are imposed in the land that you live. Sometimes a house owner has to pay attention to the mode of house construction and the facilities that are available for plumbing.
- Identify your requirements and clearly define them, so as to get a bathroom built as per the requisites. The process of Remodeling takes more planning than merely changing the position of basic fixings like basin, bathtub and the toilet. Ensure that the plan gives you plenty of options to have additional space wherein you can fit mirror, storage utilities and even the towel rail etc.
- Determine if the existing structures have to be given a facelift or not. This will help you to identify whether any makeover has to be done! Carefully measure the position and note down the measurements of the fittings and structural patterns that exist within your bathroom now. Later on try to devise the plan depending upon the measurements that you made recently. Repositioning of walls, windows, drainage systems, basin, electric wiring and other important fittings can be done only if you need them to be done. If you find the repositioning to be a must, then change the plans accordingly.
- Obtain the sketch of the bathroom area on a paper and try to evaluate what all could be done so as to incorporate best designs for every individual fitting. If you do this you would come to know how the designer fittings that you are about to make use of, will add to the exterior of the bathroom. Also consider the usage of sliding or double doors, arched construction and even attractive cotton curtains.
- Try to guesstimate the space that you would require so as to feel comfortable, when you make use of the bathroom. Have an idea about the space that the new toiletries and the lavatories would require, if at all you have an intention of changing them
- Provide necessary importance to the heating, lighting and the ventilation utilities since they are essentialities for every bathroom.
- Always reserve some space in order to address the issues that may originate die to poor drainage facility of your locality. Allocate enough room for letting you gain access to the hotspots of a bathroom, such as the showers and the toilet cisterns, If you can afford spending enough money try to fit in removable panels rather than attaching them to the falls once for all.
- Consider the ages of the people who will use the bathroom and try to offer them the ideal sitting to make use of the bathroom in an easy way. This concept has to be given extra importance if the dwelling has more number of aged people.
Have a specific outline of the bathroom registered in your mind in order to see the ideal bathroom that you always wanted to have.