Conservatory Building Regulations?
Do I need to follow building regulations when I build my conservatory? Basically, the answer is no (Disclaimer) as long as you meet the following requirements:
- The conservatory has an area of less than 30 square metres.
- If you have a radiator in the conservatory then it must have a thermostatically control.
- The conservatory can be closed off from the main house by a door or other barrier.
- The conservatory walls should be more than 75% glazed.
- Any glazing in the conservatory must satisfy Approved Document N, that is break safely (either be toughened or laminated) or if it is ordinary glass it must be thick enough.
- The conservatory must have a transparent or translucent roof.
- The conservatory is situated at ground level.
Again if there are any doubts then please contact your local planning officer who will be glad to assist.